How to take a picture using Raspberry pi and Python
Hello everyone, today in this lesson we will learn how we can interface the pi camera with any of the pi boards available in the market. And also we see how we can take pictures using python scripts.
To do this you need any of the raspberry pi boards and a raspberry pi camera module. And also you should have a properly configured raspbian os installed in your Raspberry pi.
- First of all attach the pi camera module in the camera connector of your raspberrypi and connect the power supply.
- Now we have to enable the camera interfacing and to do that follow the given steps.
- Open the terminal and run the command
- Go to the interfacing option in the given menu
- Now choose the camera option and enable it.
If you follow the given steps properly then the camera will be properly interfaced in your pi. And now you can use the camera for any kind of image or video capturing or detection programmes.
Picture clicking program for the raspberry pi
Now in this section we gonna see how we can click pictures from your pi cam using python script.
- In order to write the program I am using the nano text editor feel free to use any of the text editor you like.
sudo nano click.py
- Here we are using the picamera library in order to access the camera module and after capture the image I simply save the file in .jpg format.
- After saving the file in order to click a image you have to run the script and to do that you should execute the command below.
Hope you successfully capture the image which you want! Now you can simply use your raspberry pi in any of the surveillance related projects.
Feelll free to comment down below if you have any problem related to this or any other projects.